Monday, March 21, 2016

Replaced Fresh water hoses

Today I replaced the fresh water hoses to the foot pumps and the faucets. This required about 11 +/- feet of 1/2 ID water hose. The hoses were original and pretty ugly inside. At the same time I flushed out the water tank with water and a bit of bleach. To get the new hoses on to the tee fitting I had to heat them up gently with the heat gun, very tight fit even with heat. The aft bilge sump section was not draining into the forward section where the bilge pump sits. There was crud in the weep hole, all good now. At least the bilge alarm and bilge pump work still.

After filling the water tank I found moisture under the galley foot pump. Probably leaking for 25 years.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I found the galley floor foot pump had been leaking for a long time causing it's plywood mounting shelf come apart. I removed the shelf foot pump and will get a new one made of starboard along with a new foot pump. It will be interesting reinstalling the pump and mounting shelf, very tight....

    ReplyDelete